Recent news and rumors which have been sent to
- HybridGuy is always touts the safety record of hybrid rocket
systems. However, HybridGuy has recently recieved this item:
"Hypergolic ignition for hybrids? Claims that hybrids are
safe are negated when dangerous ignition systems are used. U.S. patent
by Bradford, et. al., requires a substantial quantity of hypergol to be
carried on board the launch vehicle. It seems that one HPDP 250K
motor design uses [a] hypergolic ignition and one does not. Stay tuned..."
December, 23, 1998
Not all tests are equal: It seems that some claims by members of
the HPDP are deliberately misleading. This is most
notable in published claims that the C* efficiencies of the HPDP motors
are greater than 98%. This number is an average from dozens of tests with
calculated results ranging from 85% to (get this) 125%!!
now has a webpage explaining their position in hybrid rocket technology.
- Still no word on when the eAc site
www.hybrids.com is to be up and running. They have put up a photo of the Hyperion
hybrid rocket (Nitrous/HTBP) developed with aid from the
HPDP consortium. Another photo can be found
- 35th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit
- October 19, 1998: Abstract deadline
- January 15, 1999: Notice of acceptance/rejection
- May 3, 1999: Manuscripts due
- June 20-24, 1999: Conference, Los Angeles, California